Sunny Broadstairs, the loveliest seaside town in the South East of England
Come and stay in one of 2 unique 17th and 18th century fishermen's cottages which are 4 star award winning self catering cottages.
The Fisherman's Cottage
- Barnaby's Lodge - 4 star - Built in 1614, this unique cottage has the added attraction of ship timbers,beamed ceilings and a secret door, in a courtyard setting.
You will find Barnaby's lodge in a quiet court-yard in the old part of town, only a stones throw away from the beautiful sandy main bay of Broadstairs. A lovely atmosphere has been created in the cottage, which has been completely refurbished and tastefully decorated in a traditional design.
As you enter the cottage you get the feeling of stepping back in time,
where men made their living from fishing, boat building and smuggling! Barnaby's
Lodge was just one of the cottages used by the smugglers.
- The Fisherman's Cottage - This little gem built in around the 1860's, is tucked away just around the corner in another quiet courtyard called Church Square and again a lovely atmosphere has been created in this cottage with added beams through out the 4 floors, for that cosy warm feel and including in the décor are old pictures of the harbour and Charles Dickens characters on the walls.
If you prefer to walk or cycle, there are some of the best cliff top walks you will see that should not be missed and is famous for its spectacular sunsets, golden beaches and panoramic views you will find in Great Britain.
If you fancy a game of Golf on our famous golf courses, or a day out boat fishing, or even a trip to france for the day it is all here on your door step.
You will be guaranteed a warm and friendly welcome whenever you come to Broadstairs. With so much charm and history in this picturesque town, how could you resist? The summer season offers great attractions that have captivated generations of visitors, year after year, from all over the world.
- The cottage's are within easy access of the beach, local shops, bistros and wine bars, which are within a minute's walk away.
- We are animal friendly - even pets need a holiday!
- There are excellent road and rail links to Broadstairs. From the M25 it is approximately a 1 hour drive down the M2 and Thanet Way.
Please phone Phil for availability for The Fisherman's Cottage on 07977 715221 or use the contact form on the left.
Relax and Enjoy, whatever your pleasure, try some of your own Broadstairs treasure.
We accept all major credit and debit cards